Thursday, December 6, 2007

Super Moist Pumpkin Walnut Bread

I adapted this recipe off of one of my favorite cookie blogs. I was trying it out to see if it work as my annual gift bread. Every year, I bake a type of bread in mini loaves and give it to my aunts and Baba. This bread was very good but I don't think I'll use it for gifts. I think my Baba wouldn't like how sweet and moist it is. Most of her bakery is drier and made with a lot less sugar than this recipe calls for. However, it is a definite hit with my roommate and I. The original recipe calls for dark chocolate chips instead of walnuts, but I usually only chocolate by itself rather than mixed with other things so I opted for toasted walnuts instead. (Plus, I'm trying to eat more walnuts-get my omega-3's!) I also tweaked the eggs and oil to make it a little healthier, similar to my banana bread recipe.

Super Moist Pumpkin Walnut Bread

1 c canned pumpkin
4 egg whites (or 1/2 c egg substitute, or 2 large eggs)
1/3 c canola oil
1/3 c unsweetened applesauce
1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding mix
1 c sugar (you can definitely go with less)
1 c flour
1/2 c chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 tsp baking sod
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 325. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin, egg whites, oil, applesauce, pudding mix, and sugar.
3. Remove 1 tsp of the flour and toss it with the nuts. Set aside.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture mixing only until combined. Stir in flour-coated walnuts.
5. Scrape batter into pan and bake for 70 min (mine took more like 80) or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. (Remember, this is supposed to be a very moist bread)

1 comment:

Alan Curtis said...

I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Benjamin who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when i applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business Mr Benjamin granted me loan without delay. Here is Mr Benjamin email/whatsapp contact: +1 989-394-3740, 247officedept@gmail.com.